Do you Create Invoices with PayPal? We want to hear from you!

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Have you used PayPal to create and send invoices or make payments on invoices sent to you?

If so, please reply to this topic to send us your thoughts on new features or improvements that you or your customers would like to see.

Do you have a question about invoice creation or payment?

Please first search this discussion board (Receiving Money) to see if your question has already been previously posted. If you post your question as a new topic, be sure to tag it with appropriate keywords like “Send Invoice”, “invoice payment” etc. as the case may be.

Thank you,

The PayPal Invoicing team

Login to Me Too
143 REPLIES 143

Moskose
Contributor
Contributor

Dinesh,

Here are some of the multiple invoice functions that would be useful:

1. The ability to filter on pending invoices - I see that this was just added in the last day or two but it does not appear to be working - I have numerous pending invoices and when I try to filter, none are displayed.

2. The ability to display more than 20 at a time on screen

3. The ability to select multiple invoices via the check box on the left and perform an action on the group - i.e. cancel or edit numerous invoices in one action

4. The ability to import data for multiple invoices from a data file to a template - this is more advanced but would be VERY useful for many PayPal users!

5. The ability to create multiple invoices using one template by pasting multiple email addresses in the To: field. - This functionality existed until yesterday (up to 50 invoices could be sent at one time) but this seems to have disappeared with the new "improved" invoice functionality that was rolled out.  I hope this function has just been moved or overlooked because I need to be able to send the same invoice to multiple recipients.

Note - I am using PayPal to help manage a cycling club so I deal with many members needing the same, very simple, one item invoice for membership as well as more complex invoices for multiple items (team clothing).  The invoicing feature has been very useful but the lack of the ability to work on multiple invoices is a significant limitation.  The bugs that seem to have arrived with the new functions yesterday (the filter doesn't work, can't paste multiple emails into an invoice template) represent a step backwards.  I hope these will be fixed or you can explain where the multiple invoice function went ASAP.

thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Mokose

Thank you for the valuable input.

It sounds like you are on the new Invoicing platform? Please send any other bugs you notice to invoicing-feedback@paypal.com .The new Invoicing platform has currently been made available to only a small percentage of our customers and will be rolled out to everyone eventually.

As far as the Filter not working...

I'm assuming that you're looking at the Basic Filter on the Manage  Invoices page and you don't see a number in ( ) besides "Unpaid" correct? Invoices created using the old Invoicing tool will not be included in this filter. All new invoices that you create going forward will be included in the Basic Filter and Advanced Filter searches.

If the invoice you created that isn't showing up in the filter was created with the NEW Invoicing functionality, then thats something we need to know about - so please reply back about the same, and provide us with a screenshot or any other details which would help us clarify what the issue is.

Thanks,

Dinesh.

Login to Me Too

Moskose
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply Dinesh,

Yes, I am working on the new invoicing platform.  The most significant problem I am having is there appears to be no support for sending an invoice to multiple recipients.  I have to click the "Request Money" link and use the old form to invoice multiple recipients.  As you noted, these requests don't benefit from the new filtering functions.

It is not a bug but it would also have been useful to include a way to easily move old invoice templates to the new tool.  I can click to look at them but I don't have the ability to copy/paste the long text field into the new invoice or even to view it.

I posted some thoughts about the ability wo deal with multiple invoices that the new platform looks like it may try to address but until I can send invoices to multiple people, I can't take advantage of the new invoice functionality.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Mokose

I looked into why multiple invoicing was no longer available with the new Invoicing framework. I'm sorry to say that I learned that it was one of the features from the old Invoicing which wasn't pulled into the new tool since it wasn't being used very much.

Unfortunately you've turned out to be hit by this change. At this point I can't do much more than apologise for the inconvenience this causes you.  The workaround you use with using Request Money is the only option we have for you at this point.

Your other feedback has been sent to the right folks, 

Thanks, 

Dinesh

Login to Me Too

Moskose
Contributor
Contributor

Dinesh,

Thanks for your reply.  I am well past the peak of my invoicing needs for this sseason (cycling club) but dropping the feature to allow entering multiple identical invoices (i.e. Cycling Club Dues) means that I'll have to find a different platform to handle this in late 2011/2012.  I have sent over 1,500 invoices since Nov 11 and w/o the multiple invoice feature, PayPal would not have been considered.

I guess my timing was just right for 2011 as I was moved to the "improved" platform just as my level of invoices dropped way off.

If this changes, please let me know - it looks like the new back end could be very useful.

thanks!

Moskose

Login to Me Too

MollyBad
Contributor
Contributor

That seems kinda lame. If a feature doesn't cost more to provide, why drop it?

Login to Me Too

santiagoartdist
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I send the same simple invoice to 20 members each month and with the new system I cannot send a group invoice. This takes up too much time to create 20 individual invoices.

Login to Me Too

Lablady
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto on the above post.  I bill every month and need to be able to enter a group of emails.  This system makes that impossible to do using a template. 

Me thinks that the powers that be need to look into this.

-Lablady

Login to Me Too

ken13
Contributor
Contributor

There is a problem with the way the address book works.  If you go to the first page of the address book it shows (in alphabetical order) about 20 addresses.  However, if you then go to the second page (if you have more than 20) it re-starts the alphabet rather than continuing the listings.  I am not sure how the book determines which addresses go on which page...but in any event if I want to check and see if a particular name is in my address book and I look on the first page, even though it goes from a-z...I still have to go to the next page and also check.  Yeah...I know I can do a search, but it is much easier to look at the items on the first page, see that it goes say from a-s and then if I had a "p" email that did not show to automatically know that it was not in my book and have to add it.  Given the fact that you can't really just look at the list to tell if an email is there, then what is the purpose of having the list at all.  If you really need to search everytime to find an email, then just eliminate the list of emails so it won't cause confusion.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@ken13

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention. We are working on fixing it. I'll post an update on the fix ETA when I know more.

Keep the feedback coming...

Dinesh,

PayPal Invoicing team

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.