v1/payments/sale - how to do in v2?

ssisurplus
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using v1/payments/sale to view payment details for ebay payments, including getting a breakdown of shipping, tax, etc.  v1/payments says its depreciated, so I spent some time looking at v2/payments/captures and I can get the basic details, but it doesn't show the breakdown of various charges.  All I get from EBay is a Paypal Transaction ID, there is not 'order number' which I thought might have the breakdown.  When I use the v2/payments/captures/ it does give me a link in the response to ... "https://api.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders/", but when I try to request that link it tells me RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.

Wondering how I get the amount_breakdown to show up in v2 with only a paypal Transaction ID.  I know it's all there, since I can see if via the web interface.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rahul-dighe
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Given a PayPal transaction Id you won't be able to look up the breakdown just the amount. Unfortunately as eBay moves to a more Managed Payments models the receiver of funds will be eBay so you won't have this information as they ramp that up. I think your best bet considering that eBay is moving away from their current model is to use v1 if it works for you, even though it is deprecated we still support it and although we do not encourage new integrations at all - your's is one of those edge use case that probably requires you to use the v1/payments/sale end point. if you sell on other platforms and have similar issues - please let me know and I can get back to see if there are any other options. 

Senior Product Manager - PayPal Checkout API Product
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.