Transaction Search Results missing some payments and details.

klkitchens
Contributor
Contributor

So this is bizarre.  A legacy app in our system is using the old NVP API to do TransactionSearch download.  While it's working fine, we're trying to migrate it to a different system and use the current REST API.

However

For the same startdate/enddate range the NVP API is returned more transactions than the RESTful API.  And if I try to query REST for the specific transaction ID, I get nothing.

Likewise some transactions in REST (that come through on both APIs) fail to have an email address on the record.  In the NVP returned record, there is an email address.  This is very important for us to be able to link the email address with the customer in our system.

I'm doing FIELDS=ALL, so I'm getting the PayerInfo block just fine.

Is there any reason at all why our account would have transactions associated with it, that would somehow be missing from one API?  And why???

And why would we not get back ALL the data for the transaction since it's there on the PayPal system???

Any help on a missing parameter or setting would be most helpful.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.