Referenced payouts "Insufficient Privileges!"

pablo67340
New Community Member

Hey there,

I am currently setting up a Marketplace Structured website, and we are using Delayed Disbursement for handling purchases. Everything works fine up until the point of disbursing funds. 

When following the API Documentation for delayed disbursements, the Documentation says to use

/v1/payments/referenced-payouts-items

to disburse the funds. If I try this endpoint for a single transaction with a reference_id that we've saved, everything works and the funds are disbursed. The problem is, we need to Disburse multiple transaction funds all at once, and calling this endpoint 100 times for each transaction isn't practical, and we'd probably end up being rate limited. 

I discovered there was another endpoint: 

/v1/payments/referenced-payouts

which takes in an array of reference id's, I assume to disburse all of our transactions with 1 endpoint call. When I try to use this endpoint, I get the response:

{"debug_id":"XXXXXXXXX","name":"AUTHORIZATION_ERROR","message":"Insufficient Privileges!"}.

I am providing a correct Access Token & BN Code. In-fact the same ones I use in the first endpoint test that successfully worked.

How come the first endpoint works fine, but the second one does not? Am I required to use the first endpoint upwards of 100 times for every transaction we process? Essentially I need to be able to disburse funds in bulk, rather than one at a time. Perhaps I am mis-understanding something, but I am not entirely sure yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.