Pay in 3 REST API

silversquonk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Is it possible to fully integrate Pay in 3 with server-side REST API calls? There don't seem to be any hooks for this at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best

David

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Pay Later is built into the Smart Buttons SDK.

It's also simply part of the wallet when buyers log in to pay with PayPal in general.

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

silversquonk
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your reply @angelleye 

As I say, I'm using server-side calls to the v2 REST API only, no client-side javascript.

Workflow goes like this:

• Customer clicks a 'Buy with PayPal' button in the Checkout which goes to our server
  • The server issues a '/v2/checkout/orders' request with an 'intent' of 'authorize', logs the response and re-directs to a client-side Confirmation page
  • Customer clicks 'Confirm Order' which goes back to the server
  • Server issues a '/v2/checkout/orders/{id}/authorize' request, logs the response and re-directs the customer to a Thank You page
  • At a later stage, when ready to ship, my client issues a '/v2/payments/authorizations/{authorization_id}/capture' to capture the payment BUT ...

How does this work with Pay Later? The payment that comes back with the '/v2/checkout/orders' request is for the full amount and takes no account of a 'Pay in 3' option selected by the customer. Does PayPal take care of all this and we just Capture the full amount or .....?

Many thanks in advance for any help on this.

Best

David

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.