Get a list of Payouts by date or something that is not payout_id from REST API

riddleydiddely
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I creating an application that lists your Paypal payouts. To do this the user grants access to me via the "Login with Paypal" functionality. I then take the access_token that I retrieve through the OAuth process and then I can fetch payouts with this API. 

The problem is that I don't have any payoutId (which is used to query this endpoint). Usually you can get all payouts with an endpoint that retrieves a list payouts by some criteria (like date range). How do I go about getting a list of payouts id I don't have the payout it? If that is not possible, where do I get a payout_id from?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @riddleydiddely,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Log in with PayPal uses the Identity API to enable users to create an account for your website or app and log in using their PayPal credentials. If users already have an account for your website or app, they can link their account to their PayPal account.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/log-in-with-paypal/ 

Merchants who trigger the "Create a Payouts" API will receive the "payout_batch_id". 

You should first use "Create a Payouts" API  and later "Show payout batch details" API with the "payout_batch_id" to get the payout details. 

If your still facing issue, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detail information and error details.

Important : PayPal Payouts not enabled on PayPal accounts by default and need to be requested for your account if you're interested in using the functionality provided by this product.

I would suggest to please contact our PayPal Customer service via link - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/home (then choose at the bottom one of the contact methods - email or phone) who should be able to help you regarding the request.

They will be able to assist you further as they are specially trained to address this type of account inquiry.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

riddleydiddely
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so here is the thing, I don't want to create payouts and I don't plan on doing it either. Are you then saying that if I don't do create payouts there is no way for me to get a list of payouts?

So here is some background on what I want to achieve, and please let me know if the Paypal Payout endpoint is what I should be looking at.

My use case:

I want to be able to match orders from a merchants Shopify system to the Paypal transaction (transfer of money) that was made to to the merchants bank account. If I use Shopify Payments for example there are endpoints for

1. getting an order that was placed 
  2. getting the total payout amount (a payout consists of multiple transactions)
  3. getting all transactions that were made using shopify payments

I then match all of these by order_id and payout_id and make sure that the amounts are correct for bookkeeping.

But of course a merchant can use third party systems payment systems such as Paypal. So what I need to do now is:

1. to get the order from Shopify
  2. Get the transaction or payout that was made when a consumer made an order on the merchants Shopify webpage.
  3. Match the order amounts with the payout/transaction
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.