Delayed next_billing_time update

miuosz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am doing paypal subscription integration and I wanted to keep track of subscription next_billing_time. After subscription is activated I tried to send api call to get subscription details to keep next_billing_time in my database however returned next_billing_time value was before last_payment like 
last_payment: '2020-06-25T21:17:56Z' and next_billing_time: '2020-06-25T21:17:53Z'

so i thought i might get these details a bit later for example when payment.completed webhooks arrives however next_billing_time still did not change. I verified it in naive way and realized that next_billing_time is updated to correct date after about 20 minutes or so. I wonder whether I should keep requesting until i get updated data or is it some sandbox weird delay which will not occur on live api? if it is expected behavior how am I supposed to keep track of next_billing_time? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

miuosz
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone is wondering whether it is expected behavior, yes it is. Nothing is going to change on production paypal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

miuosz
Contributor
Contributor

Will I get response by any chance?

Login to Me Too
Solved

miuosz
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone is wondering whether it is expected behavior, yes it is. Nothing is going to change on production paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.