Create API Order with physical and digital items at the same time

jdevos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a problem creating an order via the API:
https://api-m.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders

I need to create orders containing physical and virtual products (in the same order).

The API gives me the error "MISSING_SHIPPING_ADDRESS".

To explain in more detail:

- When my basket contains only virtual products, I specify payment_source.paypal.experience_context.shipping_preference = NO_SHIPPING
- When my basket is mixed I specify SET_PROVIDED_ADDRESS

In the second case, I am obliged to provide a delivery address for my virtual product, and the dashboard indicates this address to the customer.

How can I ensure that my purchase_units containing the virtual product does not contain an address?

Thank you

Jeremy

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kavyar

Good day @jdevos 

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

To ensure a smooth transaction process, it is important for merchants to handle their internal website API calls and pass the valid "shipping_preference" parameter based on the type of product being purchased (virtual or physical).

For purchase_units that contain both physical and digital items, we recommend setting the `shipping_preference` to `NO_SHIPPING` for the purchase_unit that contains the virtual product. This will allow the purchase to proceed without requiring a shipping address.

Alternatively, if you pass the "shipping_preference" parameter as "SET_PROVIDED_ADDRESS", it is crucial to include the necessary address details for a successful transaction.

If you are still experiencing issues, please create an MTS ticket via the following URL  - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  .Please ensure that you provide detailed information and error details when submitting the ticket.

Sincerely,

Kavya

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.