Can category be set using v1/payments API endpoint?

rasslor
Contributor
Contributor

I'll likely give too much, yet not enough info here 🙂  If anyone has added a method to pay with Paypal through a Salesforce Community, feel free to chime it!

I'm using the v1 Payments API to send a user to Paypal for payment - Steps 1-4 at https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/payments/orders/.  This works fine and payments go through the sandbox(es) as expected.  My one hurdle is that the invoices on the seller and payer accounts show "Auto Parts" as the category.

I can't find a place to add or set a default category for this endpoint (/v1/payments/payment).  The documentation shows a category enum for Orders (/v2/checkout/orders) but when I try to include the value in the payment endpoint it returns an error.

Is there a way to set the category with what I have?  I realize this is a deprecated API, but it's 98% working and hard an uphill battle to get time approved to rewrite everything.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.