Can I just charge a credit card via REST API only, without authorization URL

SomeNYCGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I am working with the REST API in Delphi.  I can interact with the various APIs without a problem.  My question has to do with the payment flow.

What I want to do is use the REST API to capture a charge without the end user having to go the the Paypal authroization URL themselves (i.e. https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/checkoutnow?token=7W102564D24555555).  I just want to take the users name and credit card data from a Windows app and submit it for capture to the REST API

Right now, I am getting my access token, creating an order, and trying to approve/capture the order but I keep getting the message 'ORDER_NOT_APPROVED'.

So, is it possible with the PayPal API to just take the buyers name and card information, and turn that into a captured purchase, with no outside intervention?  If so, can you provide the flow, or an example?

Note: I don't have an SDK for Delphi, so I am making the REST calls manually, and succesfully.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.