API transactions of third parties

Dmitry_U
New Community Member

Hello,

I have an error when I try to get access to API transactions of third parties. 

Error body below:

PERMISSION_DENIED. You are not authorized to perform 3rd party calls for this API. You need to be part of the PayPal Partner Program for the same. Please reach out to your Partner Manager for more information.

Please clarify how it is possible to get access to this data.

Thank you in advance

Please clarify how to access third-party data?

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sstankov
Contributor
Contributor

Did you solve it?

Login to Me Too

flyingkei
Contributor
Contributor

If I understand your problem correctly, you're attempting to use the API on behalf of someone else. For my business, I am providing a marketplace where sellers can sell physical products to buyers. In order to do this, I need each and every seller to give me permission to create orders, capture payments, and give me transaction data on their behalf. This is done by onboarding sellers. My use case specifically requires them to sign up before selling products, but there's a way to do it after a product is sold. I am not as familiar with the latter use case.
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/platforms/
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/platforms/seller-onboarding/before-payment/

You call the partner referral API and pass in the permissions you want and have them sign up through PayPal. Once they accept, PayPal will pass back a merchant id that you can then use to create orders on their behalf.

If this doesn't work for you, the seller can manually grant permissions using their account. They have to log in to PayPal, go to Account Settings, select Account Access under Account & Security, click the Update link next to API Access, and then specifically grant access to you based on the name of your business. I find this less than ideal, but maybe it is what you need.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.