Truing to return a prepaid mastercard.

maryamxaftab
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Yesterday I bought a prepaid paypal mastercard and loaded $100 onto it. Having the cashier tell me the card should be activated and ready to use, I assumed I would be able to use it right away. Nothing on the outside of the package stated I needed to provide personal information and wait for my card to get activated - and neither does it state that you need to be 18 years or older to purchase + activate the card. I only found out these things AFTER getting home and opening the package to read the instructions which were inside of the package. My father doesn’t want me sharing my personal information, and I’m looking to get a refund and return that card. I haven’t activated it, so i’m not waiting on a personalized card to arrive. I’m just really desperate in trying to get my $100 back. Do I go back to Walmart and ask for a refund on the card, or can PayPal refund me? Please help.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @maryamxaftab,

I'm sorry to hear that there was any misunderstanding about the ability to use the PayPal Prepaid Card. Please contact the number on the back of the card. That will get you to the people who can help you get the funds back for the purchase of the card.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

maryamxaftab
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply!
Login to Me Too

barbara222
New Community Member

i am in the same boat except i have not even opened my card. i thought i could use the card to transfer money into my paypal account, only to be told, by paypal, that it is not possible.  So i have no use for the card, especially with the $4.95 monthly fee! i  am going to try to return it to CVS where i purchased it two days ago, and get my #30.00 refunded. n I'll post my results in hopes it may help someone else.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.