Is it possible to purchase on Ebay without an account?

margenio
Contributor
Contributor

This is what someone is trying to offer me. 

If you want to continue the purchase, I will post it on eBay and I will send you the link where you can buy it very easy without an account or something hard. I have feedback on eBay. You will pay on eBay and they will hold your payment until you receive and inspect the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max. eBay will release the money to me ONLY with your approval.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@margenio 

Yes. You can select PayPal, on the eBay checkout page, then click Confirm and pay after you review everything then you will be taken to PayPal log in page where you select the Credit/Debit card option under the log in fields.

eBay/PayPal may or may not put a funds availability hold on the payment, that depends on the seller's account history so its not a given BUT you can take advantage of the eBay money back guarantee if you follow procedures properly and/or if you pay via PayPal guest checkout, you get the added benefit of PayPal Buyer protection program to lean back on with 180 days from date to file a dispute as well as eBay Money Back Guarantee, as well as your credit card dispute rights if that is how you paid.

So you'd have 3 venues for recourse. Use them one at a time only, in that order. You don't want to open dispute everywhere or they'll all end up canceling each other out.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program, you may want to register your account before filing dispute for your return to be eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Should something happen and you pay as PayPal guest checkout, to open a dispute, has to be done via customer service with the receipt ID number found on the PayPal receipt.

You can message, live chat or use social media to reach customer service:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click available contact options.

Social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

(Please be patient as response time will be longer due to reduced staff/closed or limited phone lines.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.