Credit Card purchase using PayPal

KylieC
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item online through a site that uses PayPal services. My credit card was charged by PayPal. I received 2 receipt emails for the 1 purchase. I have not received any shipment information from the seller, even after sending 2 enquiry emails. I did not connect my PayPal account to the transaction because PayPal has been 100% unreliable for the many years I've had this or any other PayPal account. There is no transaction history in my PayPal account to create a 'job number'. I will go through my credit card company to get funds reliably returned. However, before I do that, how do I contact PayPal to query the sellers legitimacy, or notify PayPal if they are operating illegally? I don't want to cancel the order or the card.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KylieC 

You can open a PP dispute on the transaction by messaging PayPal with the receipt ID number from the PayPal payment email with in 180 days from date of payment, requesting an Item Not Received dispute to be opened, otherwise just dispute through your credit card. Its difficult enough to reach customer service for problems already but just to "query the sellers legitimacy, or notify PayPal if they are operating illegally" is not worth the time. They may tell you they can't tell from the information they have or just say they're okay, or can't say anything for security reasons. At best they can tell you they are verified but that is not indicative of good merchant or not. Merchants should respond to customers asap, imho.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KylieC
Contributor
Contributor
As it turns out, the seller is a scammer utilising PayPal! This is why I didn't connect my PayPal account to the purchase. PayPal is encouraging scammers through PayPals complete lack of buyer security. I still can't use my PayPal account to purchase anything. The so-called resolutions team says there's no restrictions when there obviously is, seen through my non-use of this scam site! Unreliable is an understatement.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.