Will PayPal be integrating the new 2019 USPS zone-based rates for first class packages?

calibrick
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know? 🙂 These are effective 1/27/19 - first time we're seeing zone-based rates for first class packages, to my knowledge. Clearly a huge deal for those of us using this service with both PayPal and USPS.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@calibrick wrote:

Does anyone know? 🙂 These are effective 1/27/19 - first time we're seeing zone-based rates for first class packages, to my knowledge. Clearly a huge deal for those of us using this service with both PayPal and USPS.

I'm sure they will update the pricing. They have for previous rate increases. PayPal Shipping is an essential feature of PayPal to not update it on time.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@calibrick wrote:

I'm sure they will update the pricing. They have for previous rate increases. PayPal Shipping is an essential feature of PayPal to not update it on time.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AlexMac
Contributor
Contributor

From what I understand if you print labels online first class will not change, and even a 5% discount for first class 1oz letter. I am going off of the stamps.com blog post 

https://blog.stamps.com/2018/10/19/usps-announces-postage-rate-increase-starts-january-27-2019/

Login to Me Too

calibrick
Contributor
Contributor

Alex,

I was discussing first class PACKAGES vs. letters. That is changing dramatically with the introduction of ZONES and new rates effective 1/27/19. Per the link you provided, it states:

First Class Package Service (Commercial Base Pricing)

• Overall rates for First Class Package Service will increase by 11.9%.
  • Zone-based pricing is being added to First Class Package Service in 2019.
  • Any package going across the country (Zone 😎 is seeing a significant rate increase going up from $0.43 (Zone 8 – 1 ounce = $3.09) to $1.43 (Zone 8 – 13 ounces = $5.53)
  • 13 ounce packages in particular are rising across all zones, increasing $0.84 (Zone 1/2 = $4.94) to $1.43 (Zone 8 = $5.53)
  • Heavier items weighing 15 ounces to 15.999 ounces are seeing a smaller increase, going from no increase at all (Zone 1/2 = $4.94) to $0.59 (Zone 8 = $5.53)
Login to Me Too

hfriesen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @AlexMac,

The info below is only for Stamps.com members - I read this at the link you provided:

• Customers who print postage online (via Stamps.com), the Metered Mail rate will now be a 5 cent discount compared to the Post Office price with rates increasing to $0.50 in 2019 from $0.47 currently.

Just an FYI...  🙂

Login to Me Too

AlexMac
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I dont need more than 1 person telling me the same stuff I already know, before they hadn't released any of that info at all... Idk how it's changed I havent noticed different shipping rates hopefully certain people in certain areas arent too much... I feel bad for ppl in newyork
Login to Me Too

shopnolten
New Community Member

The fees must have increased, I am being charged 10 cents more for each First Class package. 

Login to Me Too

hfriesen
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they did. If you go to this site, it'll show you which "zone" the Recipient is in: https://postcalc.usps.com/DomesticZoneChart Then, once you know the weight of package and recipient zone, copy/paste this link to find out what the new s&h fee is: https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/January%202019%20-%20Notice123.pdf I hope this helps someone! Heather
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.