Unauthorized Transactions that PayPal can't find

SamanthaA2
New Community Member

I had 2 transactions clear my account that say they are PayPal pay in 4, but only one of them is legit. I called PayPal and they can't find one of them and have no record of it being charged to my card, but it did come out of my bank account. I told her I could send a screen shot of my accout showing where the funds came out. Does anyone know what to do if there is an extra transaction that came out of your account, but there is no record of it?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

flowtter
Contributor
Contributor

same, am worried I won't be refunded for the extra charge that was done. also it seems like the official purchase I made is not on the payment plan as paid as first payment but the order went through on the website.  both of the holds are pending still I just brought the item today with the pay 4 plan but now what is happening I am regretting it.  

Login to Me Too

flowtter
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get refunded for that  extra charge?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @SamanthaA2,

Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here in our Community. With PayPal Pay in 4, it's very common to notice two charges for a particular order. If your payment method was a card, typically the card will be authorized for a certain amount which will lead to the first charge, and then the second charge will be the actual payment. The first charge or the authorization should fall off your bank account in about 1-3 business days depending on your card issuer. If more than a few days go by without the amount being refunded, it may be necessary to contact your card issuer for more options.

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

flowtter
Contributor
Contributor
So I have a question related to this. When you say it normal to be charged twice. First change am guessing is a authorization charge hold charge for just signing up to see if qualified for pay in 4. The second authorization charge is for the first payment? I was approved and then I went through with pay in 4 purchase. However it still asking for the first payment. After I brought the item on the 26th. I have 2 authorization charge holds still going on. Will it drop and be refunded to my bank. so I can pay for the payments soon. Because it seem like the place I ordered from got the payment. But the authorization holds haven't dropped yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.