PayPal charged me twice for the initial payment of pay in four

Tannedfrost9
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal charged me twice ($15.62) for the initial 1st payment of pay in 4. Is this temporary or do I have to contact support. Basically to sum it up, they took more money than they should have.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @Tannedfrost9,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you were charged twice, but that's a great question! When a Pay in 4 transaction is attempted, we'll usually conduct a pre-authorization hold. If the first transaction wasn't accepted, then you may see this as a Pending Pay in 4 Transaction. The pending transaction should be released within about 72 hours. I hope this helps clear up any confusion!

Take care,

- Celeste

Login to Me Too

leong317
Contributor
Contributor

I have made a purchase with neweracap using paypal pay in 4 function, paypal charged me the first installment but not sending me any confirmation email of the transaction. furthermore, my order did not go through from the other end. and now the transaction shown as pending with no seller detail on my account. my question is

will there be any ways for me to cancel this transaction? 

p/s: I have made another payment in full and this time it went through both ends. 
Login to Me Too

KymNy28
Contributor
Contributor
I had this same issue when I started a plan with Bloomingdales. They cancelled my order soon after submitting the Pay in 4 & I had a pending status for almost a month before it just disappeared on its own. There was never any order on the merchants end & PayPal sweared up & down there was and that’s why it’s still pending. It’ll fall off soon.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.