How do I redeem my paypal gift card

Zhanqing777
New Community Member
I just can't seem to find that one special button to redeem my gift card. The only one I could find is one from 2018 and paypal change the look on the mobile app. Please paypal change the look of your god damn app I can't even do the most simlistic task. Redeeming a gift card code.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Zhanqing777,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

Please read the retailer’s terms and conditions to make sure the digital gift card you’re buying can be redeemed where you plan to use it. PayPal does not control how and where digital gift cards can be redeemed.

In-store codes:
If your code can be used in-store, tell the cashier you’re paying with a gift card. The cashier will either scan or key in the code to redeem it. We recommend printing the code if you can, as barcode scanners in some stores can’t scan from a mobile screen. Not all self-checkout lanes accept gift card codes so we recommend going to an attended counter.

Online codes:
If your code can be used online, look for a gift card or voucher code option at the checkout on the seller’s website or app. Gift cards can’t be stored in the PayPal Wallet and automatically redeemed right now. Make sure you enter the code when making a purchase to ensure your gift card is applied.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

DJXently
New Community Member
That's absolutely absurd! Not to mention completely ludicrous that I cannot add A PAYPAL gift card to myPAYPAL balance. I Mean wtf ? Who decided to make a PP branded card that cannot be used in a P. P. branded account? I have no Use for it before it expires, Ishould be able to add it to my balance or at least my account so that when I am ready to use it I can. But now I'm forced to either buy something I dont need or give it away. Ugh how inconvenient and just plain terrible marketing. I've had PayPal for 18 years now, and I absolutely used to love them and Brag about how awesome PayPal is for $. Over the last 2 or so years they have been slowly deteriorating to one of the worst Companies in the world, andJust when you think that it couldn't possibly get any worse, they do something even more stupid to theway their accounts are structured orhow they work,or thefees that they charge. This tops it all though,I honestly how a feeling that I will be closing all Three of my accounts, two of which are 18 year o old business accounts with high balances, in the near Future. I used to love Paypal because they are not a bank and didn't work like one, but they just keep changing things more and more towards being Just another online bank.. Tsk Tsk shame on you, You guys need to go back to how things were say 5-7 years ago,because I never not once in nearly two decades had ANY issues with my accounts......then suddenly in late 2017-today I have had nothing but problems with my accounts, cards, and just most transcations in general.......
Login to Me Too

HotTot_Bott1
New Community Member
When I was offer the voice to redeem all my coin at the coin star for a paypal gift card I thought that meant I could redeem it with my account balance. Now I either have to go spend this small amount on something I have no use for or give it away. What is the point having a PayPal gift card if I can’t even use it ON PayPal?!? Makes no sense.
Login to Me Too

GamerBoii
New Community Member

So i just got my gift card fr my gaming budget and where tf is the redeem button **bleep** it i wanted to buy cod points **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.