ATMs show wrong Paypal debit card account balance

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

Three different ATMs here in Hawaii are showing my Paypal available balance as $2,800.  The available balance is actually $28.  If I try to withdraw more than the actual balance, the ATM says insufficient funds.  It looks like someone has hacked the ATM network and multiplied the account balance by 100 for the balance inquiry function.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

Now the ATM is showing $2001.00.  My actual account balance is $20.01.

Login to Me Too

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

It's still happening.  Every time I look at the balance inquiry at an ATM, the amount is 100x the actual available balance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @durian808,

Thank you for your post. That's definitely strange! I've never encountered that or heard of it. Are all these results at the same ATM/bank?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

I think 4 different ATMs.  I contacted Paypal customer service, by email, but no word back yet.  They wanted me to get on the phone with them, but I don't have time.  My thought was that the ATM network was compromised (hacked), but I don't see this on my other debit card – only the Paypal debit card.  It is a glitch or hack that displays the available balance on balance inquiry to be x100 of what it should be.  The actual  available balance – if I try to withdraw funds – is what it should be.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @durian808,

Thank you for the clarification! I can definitely understand not having the time to contact by phone. You could try opening a ticket to technicians at https://www.paypal-support.com after logging in.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I have submitted a ticket; however, that is "Merchant Technical Support", and mine is a problem with my Paypal debit card.

Login to Me Too

durian808
Contributor
Contributor

I have also sent another email to Paypal Customer Support, through the Message Center.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.