Tip screen option

SMarkinHair
Contributor
Contributor

Is there not a way to change tip options on the new PayPal Zettle card reader? As in, a screen after the amount shows for them to decide & put a tip in if they choose (giving them the option of dollar amount or percent would be a bonus) ? (Like it was in PayPal Here) As a hairstylist it is awkward (& really tacky) to ask clients if they want to add a tip & how much, not to mention making them feel weird about it. If this isn't a current option, please change this!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @SMarkinHair

Thanks for joining the Community, and congratulations on your first post! 

I'm sorry you're having trouble setting up tips using the PayPal Zettle card reader. I hope you find this Help Center article useful: How do I receive a tip using PayPal Zettle?

Have a wonderful weekend! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

SavyhairDallas
New Community Member
Hi!! I do hair as well and I'm having the same issue. It's to tacky to ask for the tip. What can we do about this?
Login to Me Too

carleaston
Contributor
Contributor

I too find this tipping function horrible. I have a food truck business and it is indeed terribly awkward to be "begging" for tips. And you have to have a percentage, and can't change it to an actual dollar amount, again more than awkward. With the older PayPal Here I averaged 15% tips. Yesterday with this new Zettle system, I got $8.87 tips (yes, less than ten dollars) on a $1000 charge day. A PATHETIC rate. People just hit the check mark twice! Boom, no tip. As I see it, I lost about $125 in one day due to this poor tip interface, and that is going to continue every day!!!! . At that rate I can easily pay for a new card reader from Square or another POS system. So I'm being PUSHED out of using Zettle because the lost tip revenue far exceeeds their percentage cut that they already take out of my charged dollars!

....................   Carl E.

Login to Me Too

AjManol
New Community Member

I'm ABSOLUTELY losing tons of money due to this crappy gratuity feature! I love using PayPal, but I'm now forced to look for another payment processor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.