Spending USD on PayPal Mastercard in the EU

alex8920
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got a PayPal Business MasterCard, I live in Belgium and my card is in EUR. 

Let's say I have around 50 USD (not euros, USD) in a separate balance (see below)

Would the PayPal MasterCard be able to spend the USD balance even though my primary balance is EUR? If not, if I change my primary balance to USD, would it be able to spend it then? Would it have any currency conversion fees?

Or if I'm buying something in USD and I have enough USD balance in my PayPal account does it cut from my USD account or EUR? Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Rachels7
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Alex,
I love your question cause I would think it will allow you to choose USD, regardless of what is primary. But that's my thought.
However, I still don't have a card! Everytime I click ''apply'' it gives me a ''page not existing''.
You were able to apply? I'm in Belgium too.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

alex8920
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there Rachel 🙂

Here's the URL I used when applying for the card: https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/businesstools/makepayments/bdmc
I had to verify a credit/debit card and upload my ID documents. Approval was instant after that.
I applied on a fresh account, no previous transactions or anything and it worked just fine

Perhaps its not showing up because you have a Netherlands account? That's what it's showing here

RECtBkO

Although PayPal Business Card is also in the Netherlands so not sure why it wouldn't work. You could maybe try with a new Belgian account and let me know how that goes.

I got the card in just 2 days via Post. Then shortly after activating the card, PayPal decided to ban my account 🙂

we5Sae9

(I had only received 0.01 EUR as a test transaction, which then after refunding, got my account banned :D) 

So yeah I was unable to ever test the USD thing. The card does look cool tho!

Atleast I can show it off lol

Login to Me Too

Rachels7
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Alex,
First of all thanks for your reply. Very helpful.
What happened to your account, I mean did you have to start all over and do you still have one now? It's terrifying losing an account.

What happens with your money then? It's really scaring me reading that.
Re the mastercard, is the debit and credit, is it the same? or are there different options? I'm not sure.
And I keep trying every day and keep getting this message:

Sorry. It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?

I Have NO IDEA what to do or why this is. The fact that my account is in NL shouldn't matter and I have no clue how to even change it all....so I don't even want to figure that out.
Is there any way to actually get help from PayPal?

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

alex8920
Contributor
Contributor

My accounts gone yeah, but not too much to worry about I didnt lose any money. My personal account is still intact which I'm primarily using now. If you do end up getting banned and had a balance, apparently PayPal pays you back after 120d or something to your linked bank account.

I dont think paypal has any credit related stuff in EU, just the debit card. If you need help perhaps call PayPal? Check your PayPal account menu for Business Card if you havent already, should be somewhere under Finance as from what I remember.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.