PayPal credit line not working as default payment method, still charging my bank!

Keels327
New Community Member
I have had a PayPal credit line for a while now, a few months I believe. I've been trying to set it as my default payment method for online purchases... So I don't have to use my checking account or other credit cards. It was working for a while, until a couple weeks ago, I paid for a Google Play store purchase using my PayPal account - which in turn should charge to my PayPal credit account, as it is set as my default payment method. You would think. So to avoid confusion, I then removed my checking account from my PayPal account, so that I could guarantee that the PayPal credit default payment method wouldn't fail. Well when it came to making a payment on my PayPal credit account, since my bank was not connected anymore, I then had to reconnect it in order to make my payment. Now that I've done that, and after making another online purchase via my PayPal account... It freaking charged my checking account!!! This is so very annoying. What's the point of having a preferred payment method if they are just going to charge the bank account anyway? Can anyone help with this? This is driving me up the wall lol
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Keels327 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to make payments with your PayPal Credit. You can find the possible reasons for the unavailability of PayPal Credit here : Why can't I pay with PayPal Credit?

Please be informed that PayPal Credit is not available for certain purchases and merchants. Also, depending on the  circumstances of each purchase, you may be restricted to use PayPal Credit even the seller accepts the PayPal Credit. Due to unavailability of PayPal Credit, your payment might be debited from the available payment methods in your PayPal account. 

Apologies for the inconvenience again,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.