How is a core charge credited back when I used "Pay Later"?

ShortMechanic79
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a part on Rockauto using pay later, and there is a $100 core charge that will come back after a bit. Is it deducted from the amount I owe back or will it show up as a credit in my account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ShortMechanic79, welcome back and thanks for the additional info. When you pay with PayPal Credit, a refund can normally take up to 5 business days to complete, but it will be credited back to the amount owed on PayPal Credit. It will not go back to your PayPal Account balance as a credit in your account. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ShortMechanic79

Welcome! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community. This is a great question! Is this for a Pay in 4 transaction? If so, here's a Help Center article you may find useful: How does a merchant refund work for my Pay in 4?

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ShortMechanic79
Contributor
Contributor
It is not a pay in 4. This is like credit installments, I think 6 or 12 months.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ShortMechanic79, welcome back and thanks for the additional info. When you pay with PayPal Credit, a refund can normally take up to 5 business days to complete, but it will be credited back to the amount owed on PayPal Credit. It will not go back to your PayPal Account balance as a credit in your account. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.