Webpage Froze mid pay in 4 - now first payment is taken with no order placed

KnickKnack
Contributor
Contributor
Tried placing an order using pay in 4 - the first payment went through and the webpage froze and asked me to re-pay the first payment , after cancelling to check if the payment went through , no order was placed but $227 is currently on hold - what’s the best way to get this back to try and re place the order ? The order was for a Pimax product - I checked my account there and no order was placed. Is there any way to get the $227 refund and try and re do the order? Since it now gives me the error that pay in 4 is no longer a viable option and not available to me Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @KnickKnack,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I understand your concern about your funds on hold. Each Pay in 4 transaction associates with an authorization corresponding to the initial down payment. As the payment is not completed, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorization hold. I suggest you to wait till the required time frame. 

You can learn more about Pay in 4 authorizations here : Pending authorization shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 4 Transaction

Pay in 4 is not available for certain merchants and goods. If you choose Pay in 4 as your payment method when you check out with PayPal, you will be taken through the application process. You’ll get a decision instantly but not everyone may be approved based on our internal checks. If the Pay in 4 is not available,  you can still use PayPal to check out securely with any other payment method available in your wallet.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.