Using PayPal credit on Amazon

MamaPotroast
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wanting to purchase something on Amazon, if I use my PayPal debit card that is showing in my PayPal wallet, does the charge come out of my personal checking account or will it be added to my balance on my PayPal line of credit balance? TIA

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MamaPotroast 

The PayPal debit card only uses your funds in the PayPal balance to make purchases in stores or online anywhere Mastercard® is accepted. If you have insufficient funds, it will decline however, you can set up to automatically add money or 'top up' by linking a card or bank if you don't have enough money in your PayPal balance.

Here's how to add automatic top-up:

1. Click your PayPal Debit Card on your Dashboard page.
  2. Click Manage Card.
  3. Click Edit next to 'Automatic top-up is off.'

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MamaPotroast 

The PayPal debit card only uses your funds in the PayPal balance to make purchases in stores or online anywhere Mastercard® is accepted. If you have insufficient funds, it will decline however, you can set up to automatically add money or 'top up' by linking a card or bank if you don't have enough money in your PayPal balance.

Here's how to add automatic top-up:

1. Click your PayPal Debit Card on your Dashboard page.
  2. Click Manage Card.
  3. Click Edit next to 'Automatic top-up is off.'

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MamaPotroast
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.