Pending transaction still on bank account

Sarahalia
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to place an order and chose the pay in 3 paypal solution and the funds were preauthorised on paypal before I could complete the transaction. At that point I figured I didn't add a discount code so went back, added the discount and proceeded with placing the order. However, the first transaction was released from my paypal account but is still pending on my bank account linked to my paypal account. This happened last week and the money is still on hold on my bank account but the bank said I should contact paypal. What else can I do? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Sarahalia

Welcome back to the Community! 

When making a purchase with Pay in 3, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your specified card for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one-third of your total purchase amount. This will show as a pending authorization within your PayPal Account Activity and also at your financial institution.

If you complete your purchase with Pay in 3 and the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorization will be removed and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your specified debit or credit card; however, if you do not complete your Pay in 3 transactions, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorization hold.

It would be best to contact your bank if the authorization has still not been released after 5 business days. 

Hopefully, this helps! 
PayPal_Craig 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.