PayPal Credit payment date changed without notification.

scissorfight
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Credit payment date was moved up 2 days. It's been the 9th of each month for years and without notice it was changed to the 7th. 

When I contacted via the Live Chat and requested a human, that human informed me that the date change was, "I have reviewed the satement information posted/sent and I see that the payment due date was changed due to recent changes in terms, wherein the grace period changed from 25 to 23 days."

Another support person (I got disconnected from the first when my phone rang), says they sent notice on 4/20/21, but I see no email from them and didn't get postal mail about it either.  They said it was in an email. I don't delete emails, so I'm confident it never was delivered.

They also levied a LATE FEE for the "late payment". 

I'm concerned this may be happening to potentially MILLIONS of people/accounts.

Anyone else see this activity?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Elsa1988
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me. Ptmnt was due on the 11th, I went to pay it on the 9th and it was switched to the 7th! I had no notice of this and incurred a hefty late fee. As of the 10 the the payment still had not posted!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Elsa1988.

Welcome to our Community!

I  can understand this is frustrating. Because of the nature of our PayPal Credit products you will need to contact our Credit team directly for account-specific assistance. You will find their contact details and more information on Paypal Credit here.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Confinity
Contributor
Contributor
I am also a victim of this PayPal due date scam. Just think of the money PayPal/Synchronicity Bank made imposing a $29 late fee for only 1 million customers in one month out of their 377+ customers. That's 29 million in 30 days. I am definitely filing a complaint with explicit documentation. I have done this before with the Attorney General of California when PayPal would not refund a charge when I was the victim of the UPS delivery scam even though I provided PayPal with UPS documentation showing that it was a scam and even though PayPal had knowledge of the scam for months I did get my money back after the attorney general of California's got involved. By the way, my FICO score is 835 you don't get a score like that for not being honest in all you're dealings. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
Login to Me Too

Confinity
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me. I was charged a $29 late fee one month and then the next month a $40 late fee. PayPal did refund the two charges but I will never use this part of their services again they cannot be trusted as an ethical corporation. File a complaint against PayPal. They have more than 377 million customers. If just 1 million were imposed a late charge of $29 for one month that would be $29 million dollars in 30 days!
Login to Me Too

txg8r
Just realized the same thing happened to me. Super shady at best, predatory at worst. Definitely makes me leery of using PP credit for future purchases. Especially when there are other interest free payment options available.
Login to Me Too

Confinity
Contributor
Contributor
That's how Brian Doubles, President and CEO of Synchrony Financial, earns an annual income of $5,181,711 as a modern day Feudal Lord collecting tax on his subjects. 👑
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.