PayPal Credit Not working for anything

Summitbuyer
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous! They offered it to me to pay in interest free payments so I signed up for it and now the deal is off the table?!?! Shady business practices!!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

robbie5555
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like the credit account is  meaningless....So you can have an account  with a  credit limit of  a certain dollar amount ....but it's as  if you apply for  credit everytime you try to use it. Sounds like foolishness.

Login to Me Too

Palasathena7
Contributor
Contributor

This is not a solution. PayPal credit is a scam. This is happening to me too and PayPal refuses to fix it. I will be speaking to my lawyer about next steps. 

Login to Me Too

They are doing the same thing to us. We have spent hours on the phone and in online chat. No help! Transferred from rep to rep or conveniently disconnected. After I reading this forum… we realize this is part of the scam. My hubby did not have a PayPal- he opened one because he was approved for $2000. We have not been able to use the credit anywhere. Even had a charge accidentally go to our bank account because we thought it would go to our preferred payment method. If we wanted to use our bank card I could have just punched that in the retailers website directly. Therefore- the scam is #1) luring people to create PayPal accounts by dangling imaginary credit lines that can’t be utilized. 2) people making transactions thru PayPal because they are attempting to use their credit line and being denied. Thus PayPal receiving percentages of sales that may have never been processed thru them if it weren’t for the “credit” line. We are contacting an attorney about this because now my husband has less chances of getting approved for another line of credit (he can actually use) because he just applied for PayPal. The pull also dinged his credit score
Login to Me Too

Roosterbird

Me either and it is now 2023 and it still isn't working properly. Especially on ebay...make ya wonder.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Roosterbird and everyone, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into issues using PayPal Credit recently. I can certainly understand how concerning it must be. There may be a few different reasons as to why a funding source may not be available for a specific checkout. Here are a couple resources you may find useful when PayPal Credit or another funding source may not be available:

Why can't I pay with PayPal Credit?
Why was my payment declined?

I hope those lend some useful troubleshooting steps. If you're still running into issues making a purchase with PayPal Credit, our Customer Support teams may be able to provide further guidance.

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.