Pay in 4

DaniC84
Contributor
Contributor
Hey! I placed an order and paid with the Pay in 4 option. A payment has been taken out of my account and labelled as pending authorisation. However after I completed the PayPal process and pay in 4 was approved, I was returned to the sellers page and message saying order could not be placed. Does this mean that my order has not gone through or do I need to wait a few days for the authorisation to go through? A little confused! Thanks so much! Dani
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ReneaD
New Community Member
This just happened to me yesterday. Looking for answers as well.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @DaniC84 and @ReneaD,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about pending authorization with Pay in 4 plan. When making a purchase with Pay in 4, we’ll conduct a pre-authorisation hold on your specified payment method for an amount equal to the initial payment or one fourth of your total transaction amount. This will show as a pending authorisation within your PayPal Account Activity and also at your financial institution. Once you complete your purchase with Pay in 4 and the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorisation will be removed and the initial payment will be withdrawn from your specified payment method. If you don’t complete your Pay in 4 transaction, the pending authorisation will be automatically voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorisation hold. Please note, in some instances, your financial institution may take longer to remove the authorization after receiving the void request from PayPal.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ChrisMcf
New Community Member
Having a similar issue with pay in 3, i made an order and choose pay in 3, when i went back to the merchants webpage my offer was still sitting in the basket as if it wasn't complete yet. However i now have 2 payments pending/Authorisation on my bank account, and now have two what seems to be transactions Any advice what to do? How long does it normally take to resolve
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.