Pay in 3 - You trying to take payment twice

aouaj04
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I placed an order with Iceland two days ago and paid first installment using the pay in 3.

Each time I place an order this way the first installment appears back in my bank either the same day of delivery or the following day. Then I have to pay it again. This time the payment hasn't appeared back in . Payment is showing from my bank and on my paypal account but at the same time it is telling me I owe my first installment. When you have tried to take the money from my account it was declined as the funds are still with you.

I have contacted you by messenger and this morning someone was looking into it and as yet almost 12 hours later no one has got back with a resolve and my payment is still showing as needing to be paid. Concerned as do not want my account to show as non paid when it has been paid. Please can someone help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @aouaj04!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you have been having difficulties with your payment using the service 'Pay in 3'. From what you have described, it seems you have a pending authorisation on your account. When making a purchase with PayPal Pay in 3, we will place a pre-authorisation hold on your chosen card for an amount equal to the initial payment or one third of your total purchase amount.  This will show as a pending authorisation in your PayPal account activity and also in the bank account of the card linked to your PayPal account.  Once you complete your purchase with PayPal Pay in 3 and the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorisation will be removed and the initial payment will be withdrawn from your card.  If you do not complete your PayPal Pay in 3 transaction, the pending authorisation will be automatically voided by PayPal within 24 hours of the pre-authorisation hold.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.