New updates coming in July have questions

coywolf67
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand the new updates they say a US Pay Pal business accounts will no longer be able to receive money from a US Pay Pal accounts. 

The other said US Pay Pal accounts will no long be able to send money to US Pay Pal business accounts. Does this mean I can no longer make purchases with my Pay Pal account which has my credit card attached to it???? If so why use a Pay Pal account at all since it appears they are punishing US customers and businesses?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coywolf67 

Does this mean I can no longer make purchases with my Pay Pal account which has my credit card attached to it????

No, that is not what the new policy means. That would be detrimental to PayPal’s business model.  

US Personal accounts can still make purchases from and send goods and service payments to US business accounts. 

US Personal accounts just can’t send money as personal, friends and family payments to US business accounts. This would stop abuse, scams and PayPal fee avoidance by US business accounts for accepting the “fee free” friends and family payments in exchange for goods and services.

Hope that clears things up the misunderstanding.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

coywolf67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the explanation it helped to understand what they were doing. Have a great day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.