My PayPal Credit limit decreased.

sophiebatik
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Credit limit decreased from $8500 to $1500 with no explanation. Never late on bills, excellent credit rating. Can anyone explain why?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

ouroboros68

Also decreased my credit from 6500 to 1500 without any issue, also my credit has gone higher... very weird..

Login to Me Too

ouroboros68

Similar situation to me. Is quite frustrating... At least they should let me know before...

Login to Me Too

temp20200923
Contributor
Contributor

This company has become trash, there service is trash too, There reps act like what ever, not understanding that this could effect them as well. I'm dropping this credit service. The fact that they can just decrease it when they want with no notification lets me know something is up.. accounting fraud happing somewhere. The manager read me a letter they sent (which I haven't received and they could have emailed) me and it was full of bull about my credit, Yet my credit is in the 7's just got a new credit card and my bank increased my credit line but you decrease it and tell me some bull abut my credit. Yesterday a guy from PeyPal called me and said I owe them 64.99 I said no I dont! my bank shows this paid as of 9/16 and its 9/22 He had to review my account and saw the payment... so if you see it why you calling me demanding that I make a payment.. Y'ALL ARE A TRASH COMPANY probably committing account fraud and theft by deception.

Login to Me Too

Temp20211107a
New Community Member
My credit limit was only $800, never got an increase never asked for one but last month 1 week after overpaying my balance off I called and asked for a refund, after that they decreased my limit to $100. I thought it was a mistake and called and they verified it but couldn’t give me a definite answer why so I asked for my account to be closed. A credit limit of $100 isn’t gonna make me or break me with other cc with higher credit limits. I will NOT be PayPal’s puppet.
Login to Me Too

Ray139
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal credit just halved my buyers credit.never missed a payment and my credit score has actually gone up since I opened an account,I’m in the excellent score band!why????
Login to Me Too

Afam09
Contributor
Contributor
I just had this problem today! Went from $1800 to $1030. But with no notification from them. Customer service and underwriting were just passing blame back and forth and transferring me back and forth. So you get penalized for not constantly using your credit!? Seems like backwards logic to me. So frustrating
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.