How do I fix Paypal Mastercard holding payments for 3 weeks plus!

jshorey
New Community Member

This has happened 3 times now, I will pay the balance on my Paypal Rewards MasterCard and paypal will decide to hold my funds for up to 3 weeks without applying them to my account.  I can't use my card at all.    When I call they say it's because I paid too much or too little or a random answer.   They are using AI to decide my payments are bad.    I've tried escalating and nobody will help. 

They won't return my funds so now I have $10K of my funds that I can' t use for critical bills.   I feel like this can't be legal banking behavior?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

716intha412
I am experiencing the exact same BS with PayPal. I work in the banking industry so understand that a 5 business day hold can potentially happen. What I believe they're doing is restricting those who pay balance in full with no interest. To eliminate this problem I am changing my payment method to my bank Bill Pay. This will still send an ACH payment Paypal, but not initiate through their system. Try that to see if it tricks their attempt to restrict your cashback earnings.
Login to Me Too

Edge35
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me.  Try to do the right thing by paying off my balance only to have my PayPal Mastercard show a $0 balance yet no available credit until some random date when they finally apply my payment.  Very frustrating since in all other regards I’m happy with the card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.