Has PayPal suddenly gotten horrible?

AnnoyedUser27
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to pay my PayPal Mastercard several weeks ago. Apparently they were in the midst of updating the website--which isn't any improvement. The site wouldn't accept my $3,000 payment to my MasterCard. But the next day, my checking account displayed three payments of $3,000 each to PayPal MasterCard. This system "glitch" has caused me untold stress and annoyance and much wasted time talking to both my bank and PayPal. I had to put a halt on payments, have been charged by my bank for that halt as well as overdraft. PayPal, because of the stop payment, severed connection to my bank account. And now, they have frozen my MasterCard. All of this because of their crappy, new, glitchy website.

The agents, particularly of PayPal mostly seem foreign and have a poor command of English. It took me several minutes just to get the woman to understand the letters of my email address. One even couldn't understand what I wanted done. I've only talked to one person out of perhaps eight who is obviously a native English speaker.

Pretty disappointing experience, especially considering it's effect on my financials.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Stocks22
New Community Member

They are offshore! I’ve had several unauthorized transactions. They REFUSE to refund. The seller has disappeared. Don’t use PayPal! They steal info and money!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.