“Cancelled” Pay in 3 still on my bank account

KeriHopwood
New Community Member
I tried to set up a pay in 3 with a car rental company, but it didn’t work. The transaction was apparently cancelled by me (it wasn’t, I guess it just didn’t work), but it’s still pending on my bank statement. Will it go away, or do I need to contact the rental company/my bank?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @KeriHopwood,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I understand your concern about the Pay in 3 payment. If you don’t successfully make a purchase using PayPal Pay in 3, PayPal will automatically void the payment within 24 hours. Funds will not be taken from your funding source if the PayPal Pay in 3 transactions was not completed. Since the transaction shows as pending on the bank account, I would recommend you to contact the merchant and financial institution. If the transaction is shown on your PayPal account, please reach out to our customer support tea through the available contact options on our website.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.