Bitcoin trader offering to pay money into my account

Lewi6116
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Someone is offering to pay £5,000 in cryptocurrency into my Paypal account on the nderstanding I pay him 60% of it back. He is aking if my account is verified and wants me to give him my Paypal 'tag'. What is the risk to me of doing this. Apparently he is happy for me to keep £2,000 for doing this

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lewi6116 

Course he is and then he will chargeback the funds later !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lewi6116
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou. Is there no stage at which I can stop him taking the money back?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Lewi6116, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you are receiving funds a dispute may be open on your account by the sender if the payment is sent to you as a Goods and Services type payment.

Please review PayPal's Buyer Protection for transactions you may receive by clicking the following link PayPal Buyer and Seller Protection | PayPal UK.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Lewi6116
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

I think my question has now been answered though. I asked him a few further questions and then suddenly his Instagram account disappeared and there is now apparently no user with that name. His Instagram name was ben_fx2. Im sure he has now reinvented himself and is now trying to con someone else.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sean

Thank you for your reply @Lewi6116.

If an offer sometimes sounds too good to be true, then it usually is. If you ever have a query about a transaction or your account, feel free to reach out to PayPal.

Thank you,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.