2 payment taken for pay in 3

purple100
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase yesterday using pay in 3, payment was in pending on banking app, and pay pal had it showing payment 1 of 3 had been made, I have had messages today saying pay in 3 payment was declined, pay pal has tried to take the payment again, but I don't leave money in that bank account so no funds were available to cover the second payment. I have just received another message to say payment was declined went into pay pal ant it says I have not payed the 1st installment, bank app says its in pending with enough funds to cover it. I have have just went to pay pal and manually made the first payment, I now have 2 payments in pending on the banking app, what is pay pal playing at, and will I get one of those payments back
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @purple100

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion regarding a recent Pay in 3 purchase. Normally, the first payment is taken on the date of the purchase, while the following two payments are automatically withdrawn over the following two months. It sounds like there may have been some issue in either the authorization or capture of the first payment. so I would recommend first reaching out to your banking app to see if they can shed any light on what happened. Normally, the preauthorization is used for the first payment or potentially released a few days later if there is an issue capturing that authorization. If you're still running into questions after reaching our to your banking app, please feel free to reach out to our Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for assistance. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.