"manually accept or refuse this type of payment but didn't choose one or the other"

kindredbe
Contributor
Contributor

I have just had 4 payments made 30 days ago returned to customers, the message Paypal sent me about this was

"This payment was returned because:

You wanted to manually accept or refuse this type of payment but didn't choose one or the other."

But nowhere can i find where i can do this, not in the transaction (as they are marked completed not pending ) or in my profile settings (which was suggested in a different thread on this forum) and I have a lot more of these payments that will presumably be returned in the next few days and hours as they hit the 30 days marker 

I have been receiving payments without a problem for the last few years, this has just only happened to non US currencies that I have just started taking a month ago.

Has anyone any suggestions, as I cant get through to the help centre because of the covid 19 issues

thnx  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kindredbe 

Have you 'added' those currencies as a 'recieving' currency on your Aussie paypal account?

Go to the 3 dots next to your paypal balance > click on manage currencies > then 'add' any currencies you want to accept? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kindredbe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

thanks for your reply, I can't see the 3 dots you're referring to under the money section, although there is an add currency option, but I'm not sure that's it because I have added them and I can see balances for AUD, EUR, GBP, CAD as well as USD.

I found the below under profile, payment preferences which explain why its asking for the accept or refuse, so now I just need to know how to do that for each individual payment because there aren't any setting available to do that on each payment

Accept payments in a currency I don't hold:

Ask me whether to accept or refuse each individual payment

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kindredbe 

Is there a tick box next to 'ask me re currency''? If so then just untick it so that they don't keep asking you to accept a currency and it goes in automatically.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.