Using paypal as a bank, without transferring the money to my bank account.

SuraRzaeva
New Community Member

Dear Paypal Community,

I'm an international student in Germany, studing business. On the other side, I'm an freelance artist and i have a online shop where i sell my art. After coming to Germany I've realized that international students aren't allowed to do freelance job here. I really want to use paypal as my payment provider, because it's easier, plus it's safe for my customers and me. Since I cannot do freelance job and cannot recieve money on my german bank account, I want to use my own country's bank account on my paypal account to provide money, but never transfer received money to my bank account, because paypal doesn't transfer money to the banks in Azerbaijan. So, can i just connect paypal to my shop and if i sell something, keep money in paypal and use it for my online payments like daily expenses. As a student this would really help me.

Sorry, if what I'm asking is illegal. Actually, I'm allowed to run a business as an Azerbaijani, which is my nationality. 🙂 it's just, during these 3 years of my studies, i don't want to close my web-shop down, which is like my baby, where i invested too much energy and time.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Kindly,

Sura

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SuraRzaeva 

Azerbaijani accounts cannot receive money so you are on a German PayPal account. PayPal accounts are country specific. Cannot add Azerbaijani bank to German PayPal accounts, just German bank or US bank accounts.

You can add a German bank account to verify the German PayPal account, just don't withdraw the money you receive or figure out what you have to do be able to so. Why the German government don't let students work to support themselves while studying is kinda odd but what do I know. lol

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SuraRzaeva
New Community Member

Thanks for your answer, however, I have another personal PayPal account where I use my Azerbaijani bank account to make payments. And it works perfectly. I don't want to receive the payments anyways. Is it possible to use it?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SuraRzaeva 

What country is that personal PayPal account based? What nationality? It has to be Azerbaijani nationality if you were able to add a Azerbaijani bank to it.

If you have no problems logging into this personal PayPal account, its already been verified and it works fine while in Germany to make payments, then sure. And if PayPal asks for documents to check your identity and you can provide the documents. I can't see why not.

Login to Me Too

SuraRzaeva
New Community Member

You actually gave me hope. I can make payments without any problem. I just can't receive money into my bank account. So... Is it ok then keeping my money in paypal, maybe like for the next three years? 🙂

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SuraRzaeva 

You can hold money in the PayPal account but anything can happen with the PayPal security system. They check transactions and stuff like that, even freeze accounts. Just use like normal, don't blow up the account, making payments like crazy and do anything unusual, that's all. lol

Don't buy no games online, or gaming accounts or be involved in scammy transactions to cause any disputes. Just buy from major online retailers and buy the basics you need. Stick to safe transactions. 

Login to Me Too

SuraRzaeva
New Community Member

Actually my concern is more about the money i will receive from my customers, rather than paying for something personal. I just want to open my store and make sales. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SuraRzaeva wrote:

Actually my concern is more about the money i will receive from my customers, rather than paying for something personal. I just want to open my store and make sales. 

Ok, but the PayPal account you are using must be able to receive money. It must have that capability because receiving money is not available for all countries. So the nationality of the PayPal account you are using is important to know to determine if you can receive money or not. Azerbaijani PayPal accounts CANNOT receive money and if you can add a Azerbaijani bank account to this PayPal account, then that means it has to be a Azerbaijani PayPal account. And Azerbaijani PayPal accounts CANNOT receive money. You can only buying online or sending money for goods and services with it.

I quote below from the stuff you said in the other posts above, that all this time you want to make payments, not receive payments with this other PayPal account. You even said you do not want to receive payments.

" I have another personal PayPal account where I use my Azerbaijani bank account to make payments. And it works perfectly. I don't want to receive the payments anyways. Is it possible to use it?"

"You actually gave me hope. I can make payments without any problem."

So which account are you using to receive payments from your sales? Remember: PayPal accounts are country specific. If you are now in Germany, you need to open a German PayPal account, for example. If your home land is Azerbaijani, you must have a Azerbaijani PayPal account and all personal and financial information must be based in the same country. German PayPal, can link German bank account and so on.

You can find out the nationality of your PayPal account by going to Account Settings (gear icon) and look in the Account Options section for Nationality of the PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SuraRzaeva 

You have 2 PayPal accounts.

One PayPal account you open in Germany? And where did you open the other PayPal account? In Azerbaijan?

You can find out the nationality of your PayPal account by going to Account Settings (gear icon) and look in the Account Options section for Nationality of the PayPal account.

Azerbaijan PayPal accounts CANNOT receive money so the account cannot hold a PayPal balance but you can use it buy things or send money with your linked funding sources (bank/card). It mean you cannot link your web store to it to get paid from your customers at all.

What country or nationality is the PayPal account that you linked the Azerbaijani bank to?

German PayPal accounts CAN receive money and hold a PayPal balance but you must link a German bank account to verify it but do not have to withdraw PayPal balance to the German bank. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.