Transaction Held for no reason Paypal big dissapointment everytime and make me regret using it

manishani
New Community Member

i previously had a account while i was in Dubai used paypal to transfer 200 pounds to family for some urgent reasons but instead of make the process go fast they help my amount for 72 days for no reason, what a big dissapointment, moved to Qatar so now paypal wont let me add a new debit card because of the address cannot be changed so i had to make a new account and add my card details with a new country entry and i transfered an amount of 115 pounds to my brother in the UK again it's been declined for him to withdraw, amount was deducted from my account at the same time and status came pending until now and i heard i'll have to wait 30 days for a refund like seriously, Paypal suck's !!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Manishani.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing difficulties when trying to send a payment to your brother in the UK. If the funds were sent as a goods/service payment, it could result in the funds being held for up to 21 days from when you sent the funds to them. If you were sending a payment to a friend or family member, you should try sending a friends/family payment but these types of payments are not available in every country. 

When a refund has been issued, it takes on average 3-5 working days for the refund to be processed. This is depending on how fast the bank can process the refund back to the original funding source. We always advise customers that refunds can take anywhere up to 30 calendar days to be processed but these time frames are estimations. Typically, most refunds would show on your card transactions within 3 to 5 working days.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.