The temporary authorization was cancelled and your payment method wasn't charged

lakhani3997
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i made a payment to a grocery company for food items on Apr 3, 2020 but as i got a near date for delivery from their website so i canceled my previous order and reorder with same value of payment with different debit card today Apr 6, 2020. 

then i went to my paypal transaction on activity tab but i cant see old transaction (only new order payment is showing which was made with different debit card )

so i went to my email and opened the old transaction number its says "The temporary authorization was canceled and your payment method wasn't charged."

but i didn't received any amount on my bank nor paypal balance.

can someone help me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Oh @lakhani3997 , then it means that yes, you were not logged in but they did use Paypal to process the payment. 

Even though you have already removed that debit card on your Paypal account, it will automatically be refunded back to the original funding source of the transaction. So yes, expect it to be back on the same card where it was taken out of.

Hope I was able to clarify it. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @lakhani3997 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

It might have been that when the first transaction was made, you were not logged in to your Paypal account when the purchase was done. Even though you were not logged in, as long as the seller uses Paypal as their payment processing system, it would show that it was charged through Paypal. 

If you paid with your:

• Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.
  • Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
  • Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.  

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

lakhani3997
Contributor
Contributor

@Mejoare 

Thank you for your reply, the transaction did went through paypal as its showing in transaction of my bank but not in my paypal activity. 

As mention in my post i made that payment with my another debit card but later after transaction i removed it. is it a problem?, will i get the refund back on card or paypal balance.

thanks again 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Oh @lakhani3997 , then it means that yes, you were not logged in but they did use Paypal to process the payment. 

Even though you have already removed that debit card on your Paypal account, it will automatically be refunded back to the original funding source of the transaction. So yes, expect it to be back on the same card where it was taken out of.

Hope I was able to clarify it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.