Payment flagged as security risk

jackievs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I established a paypal account on Monday, March 4 and tried to make a payment.  Over three days, I continued to get a notice that it could not be done at this time.  After several calls to paypal, I was told the payment was flagged as a security risk.  I spoke with my credit card company (as the payments will come from there) and was told that they approved the transaction.

Nobody at paypal could tell me why the transaction was flagged and I was told there is no way to have the risk removed.

This is significant.

Additionally, today I attempted to make a donation through fundrazr (which uses paypal) and even though I attempted to make the payment with the same credit card that I have used on that site in the past - it was rejected!  Now it appears that paypal has blocked a credit card for online payments that I have used since 1997.  Has anyone else had this experience and discovered a way to resolve it?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @jackievs, I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with your recent transactions. To provide one of the safest online payment methods, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe. Contacting us over the phone was the right thing to do so our Customer Service can review your account and make any recommendations we see that may assist in making that transactions. However, there may be some transactions we may not be able to host from time to time. I might suggest adding another funding source or changing your funding source at checkout.  If this doesn't help, please reach out to the seller to find another way to complete your payment. I apologize for the inconvenience, I hope you have a great day!

- Jon

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jackievs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Jon,

If Paypal's embedded security flags and blocks a transaction, does it not seem rational that a human from Paypal would follow up to determine whether or not the blocking is reasonable and valid?  Would it make sense for a Paypal security rep to reach out to the person attempting the transaction to ask questions and /or explain what is going on?   Please be specific.   It is only reasonable that you explain exactly why you would block a transaction - particularly one that my (or anyone's) credit card company approves as valid.  

Thank you.

Jackie

Login to Me Too

saw1788
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a similar experience. This is my first time using PayPal, but they really haven't been of much help. I've spoken with five agents and tried three funding sources across multiple transactions now. At first I thought I was missing something, but now I've come to the conclusion that this won't work for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.