Paid to the wrong account and the account is not in use. How do I get a refund?

Vasvas1
Contributor
Contributor

Need a refund, because I transferred the amount to the wrong account. How do I get a refund. The account isn’t in use either so I can’t email them..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Thanks for your clarification, @Vasvas1.

If the account of the seller is not in use, you should contact the seller in the way you have contacted him for sending the payment. If the payment is Unclaimed/Pending you should be able to cancel it. If your payment is unclaimed/pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you’ll get your money back.

If you have sent a payment for "Goods and Services" and you did not receive the item/service, you may report it in your Resolution Centre. 

Otherwise, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vasvas1 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending / Unclaimed.
2. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Completed / Sent.
4. Pending / Uncleared.
5. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vasvas1
Contributor
Contributor
It’s says money sent
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vasvas1 

Then the funds have completed to another paypal account, if the account did not exist or was not linked to a paypal account then it would have showed as pending / unclaimed.

As it says 'sent' it sounds as if its a family / friends payment? Can you confirm how you sent the funds?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vasvas1
Contributor
Contributor
I used the transfer option in PayPal app to transfer it to the sellers account...
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Thanks for your clarification, @Vasvas1.

If the account of the seller is not in use, you should contact the seller in the way you have contacted him for sending the payment. If the payment is Unclaimed/Pending you should be able to cancel it. If your payment is unclaimed/pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you’ll get your money back.

If you have sent a payment for "Goods and Services" and you did not receive the item/service, you may report it in your Resolution Centre. 

Otherwise, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.