PLEASE HELP - Refund missing but marked as complete!?

emma_l
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I'm hoping someone can help me. 
I sent my rent money to my room mate so that he could pay my landlord but due to a complication in his account he refunded me imediatley - I was right next to him and saw him refund me the money instantly. 
This was on the 31st of Dec 2018. 

The refund was listed as 'pending' until Jan 8th when it was marked complete. 

It is now the 18th of January and no money has been refunded to me by either a paypal balance or to my bank account associated with my card and paypal. 

I cannot get through to Paypal either via phone or their help center. I cannot open a case because Paypal say that I have received the refund - which i have not. I tried to email customer services with as much detail as possible but they replied with a standard email to help recover old passwords. I am at my wits end and I NEED to pay my landlord this money. 

PLEASE help me!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emma_l

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that varies country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.