No longer able to find the "Request a check" option. Please help!

AOTNotorious1
Contributor
Contributor

I've always used the "request a check" option to receive funds from my PayPal account. Today I went to transfer money as always but cannot find the request a check option where it has been and wasn't able to find it anywhere. Can someone please let me know if this option has been moved or removed? Thanks ahead of time I appreciate it. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AOTNotorious1
Contributor
Contributor

Finally spoke to someone with the answer. After the Mar 29 update PayPal now requires you to have your bank account attached to your PayPal account in order to "Request a check". Very disappointing as someone who has always used this option in order to not have my bank account attached to my PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AOTNotorious1 wrote:

I've always used the "request a check" option to receive funds from my PayPal account. Today I went to transfer money as always but cannot find the request a check option where it has been and wasn't able to find it anywhere. Can someone please let me know if this option has been moved or removed? Thanks ahead of time I appreciate it. 

Yeah, I can't find it anywhere too. Smiley Frustrated

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AOTNotorious1
Contributor
Contributor

This option is very important too me. Really hoping someone who knows reads this soon. Very disappointing! Tried calling PayPal for answers, but was given a different phone number that led me in a voice message circle with no answers.

Login to Me Too
Solved

AOTNotorious1
Contributor
Contributor

Finally spoke to someone with the answer. After the Mar 29 update PayPal now requires you to have your bank account attached to your PayPal account in order to "Request a check". Very disappointing as someone who has always used this option in order to not have my bank account attached to my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

robb41
Contributor
Contributor

If you have your bank account linked to your profile, where is the new location for Request a Check?

Transfer Money / Transfer To Your Bank / Select My Checking Account / Select Transfer Amount / "Transfer $X.XX Now"

At no point to I see any option for a check.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.