HSA/FSA

soulfusionLMP
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a therapist and accept health savings account cards. Why can't I swipe them when it won't read the chip? 
Also, recently, some folks are having trouble using them to pay an online invoice, which has never been an issue in the past.
Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

RHCSWORK
Contributor
Contributor

You ever get this resolved? I have the same problem 😞

Login to Me Too

soulfusionLMP
Contributor
Contributor

Yes and no. I did a lot of digging - including numerous calls to PayPal and a meeting with a friend that does medical billing. So far, each situation that has come up has been for a different reason but here is what I have deduced: 1) Some companies have stopped recognizing massage so have them double check their insurance for the new year. 2) Because it is a new year and insurance is always changing/getting more difficult - HSA is now having us jump all through hoops again and your client may have to get you established to be recognized by their insurance company, which might include some itemized receipts from you. 3) If nothing else, have them pay with their debit/credit and submit a claim to their insurance for reimbursement. 4) Occasionally, if they use the card a few times in a row and something isn't recognized, the card will be frozen from use and they will only know that by calling or receiving a letter by mail. Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.