Customer/Payer Credit Card Declined

Carlos_3
New Community Member

Had issued an invoice to a customer for purchasing an item from us. When the customer will pay thru her credit card, her credit card was declined. I cancelled the invoice and issued a new one but the same thing happened. We checked her account and it is OK. According to the bank who issued her credit card, the problem is with PayPal. The customer by the way, has no PayPal account which is not mandatory as I understood if she wishes to pay me thru PayPal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Carlos_3,

It sounds like her card may be being declined. In these situations, it's not an issue with PayPal, but with the issuer. I understand they're saying it's PayPal, but it couldn't be on our end, especially since she isn't using an account. She could try creating an account and adding the card to it, but ultimately the issue is with her issuer.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mellowe4
New Community Member

I am having this problem as well. customer declined 4 times. 2 different cards, good credit, plenty of balance left on card. Called bank, no problems on their end. I can't get my money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.