DO NOT USE PAYPAL!!!

Asher16
Contributor
Contributor

getting a refund will take 15 to 17 days.  In my opinion, the promote fraud.  Invalid tracking number given....waited 10 days with nothing shipped.  Paypal says (talked to five different people) it will take 10 days for dispute and an additional 5-7 business days for the money to be refunded.  Never again will I use PayPal.  FBSHocks is not a reliable company to buy from and I just found out that PayPal is not accredited.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asher16 

Depending on how you funding the payment it can take longer:

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

Disputes take time to resolve. PayPal is third party; they have to figure out what's going on, wait for shipping status, responses, etc. What do you mean by PayPal is not accredited?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Asher16
Contributor
Contributor

Accredited means proven to show reliability and legitimacy.  

Any seller that tells you, in writing, that your order has shipped (previously provided a tracking number that show "NO SHIPPING INFORMATION") and then refuses to respond to emails has already showed "what is going on".  Their account should be hit for a refund and the buyer refunded their money.  It shouldn't be hard for anyone, including PalPal, to figure out money was paid, nothing within 10 days has been shipped, and that the Seller has falsified shipping details by providing a false tracking number.  

PayPal customer service said they were "experts in customer service".  Well, I beg to differ.  They don't allow Buyers to get their merchandise and THEN pay for it.... and they shouldn't allow Sellers to take money and refuse to communicate with the Buyer.

Login to Me Too

Asher16
Contributor
Contributor

Consumer Affairs said that PalPal is NOT accredited.  I know this because I filed a complaint with them concerning PayPal.

As I have stated, BEWARE OF PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

WacoRed
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing just happened to me with a purchase I made through Pay Pal from a different seller. Got a receipt & payment confirmation email from Pay Pal, as well as a fake tracking # & confirmation my order had been shipped after that through the info provided to Pay Pal by the seller.

I can't file a dispute through my  Pay Pal acct. because the transaction is no where to be found on my recent transaction page.  **bleep** !! My bank &  a payment receipt from Pay Pal themselves confirm they sent the money to someone who gives zero response to attempts to contact them using the email address provided as seller contact info.  So far the only thing I have managed to talk to at Pay Pal by phone is a recording that tells me how to file a dispute by picking out the transaction I want to contest from the list of recent transactions in my "recent activities" page.  It gives no clue as far as what to do that particular transaction is not showing up there.  I feel like I am on some kind insane merry go round & no way to get off!!

Login to Me Too

Asher16
Contributor
Contributor
Call https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call. It is a long wait or you can get a call back. If you weren't logged in to your PayPal account when you made purchase, it will not show in your transactions. If you made purchase, as I did, without logging in, you were on PayPal as a guest. Have your receipt number from your confirmation ready because they will use that to access your transaction. Even after they submit a dispute, it will not appear in your account. I sent a nasty email to the buyer letting them know I had filed a claim with PayPal. I just received an email from PayPal that they had gotten a response from buyer and they were reviewing it. Then I got another email saying I would be issued a refund. Who knows when the money will hit my account but at least it is in the works. Hope this helps. Don't be nice in talking to PayPal...otherwise they brush you off. I spoke to five people, asking for their supervisor and then the supervisor's supervisor, etc. Got same song and dance but they realized I wasn't going away anytime soon. I was on the phone for literally an hour. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Asher16
Contributor
Contributor
https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call one eight hundred eight eight two two one one one six one. Would not allow phone number the first time. Trying it this way.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.