Confused on Refunds

kebohio
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am confused on a refund.  My son tried to send me $480.00.  Turns out we found another way to pay for his new tires, so he didn't need to pay me, and I cancelled the amount coming in to me.   I can clearly see the money to me, and me refunding it back to him.  But now PayPal continues to try and take this $480 out of his account... even though I refunded it to him!   As a result of Paypal trying to withdraw the funds he is getting overdrawn.  What can we do to stop PayPal from taking this out of his account, (since we cancelled it, and I don't need it).  I wish there was a phone number to talk to a live person.  Any suggestions, ideas??  I would appreciate any input. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kebohio 

If the payment to you was funded using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit you on their behalf then if you receive a refund or cancel the payment  they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.