refund

famoussdolll01
Contributor
Contributor
i requested a refund last friday and the lady said i should wait 3-5 days it’s now Tuesday and it’s still pending but they not answering my question
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevergiveup3
Contributor
Contributor

Open a chat message, it will be an AI assistant at first, but keep answering No to its questions until you get to a real live rep.  It can sometimes take a couple of hours for them to reply to a chat message, but they will eventually, just don't end the chat!  I don't get push notifications, so I had to keep checking my email for their replies.  They will give you a bogus answer at first probably, but with every message state that you are dissatisfied with the help you've rec'd and refuse to close the chat.  My chat was open for 12 hours and went through 2 different reps.  But I guess the 2nd rep did not want to deal with me for his/her whole shift and gave me the refund.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@famoussdolll01 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.